There are many factors to consider when choosing your community street signs to ensure you make the right choice.
We are here to assist you every step of the way, including helping you find the right signs for your community. Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.
A Few Tips To Get Your Started
- Make sure you meet the requirements of your city, state, county or parish. Our dedicated project managers will work closely with you to make sure the street signs meet requirements.
- What is MUTCD? It is an acronym for Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. More specifically, this is the body that governs what size street signs or street blades you may use, as well as the height they must be installed at. The signs must also be approved for breakaway standards.
- Make sure you choose the right materials for your street signs. In the past, wood and steel were popular choices for street signs. Unfortunately, they do not last. For a quality, long-lasting sign, aluminum is the best choice. Steel rusts, aluminum doesn’t.
- Make sure you are using a high grade aluminum. Paint and powder coating adhere better to aluminum. If you get lower quality aluminum, your signs will also wear much faster.
- Choose a vendor for your street signs that is committed to the industry. Find a company that will be here today and tomorrow. Choose a company with an established presence in this industry.
Want To See All 10 Street Sign Tips?
Request our entire document “10 Tops on Choosing Street Signs” now!